Samantha is an Atlanta-based professional with special interests in arts and entertainment media, fashion, and popular culture.
I am currently working full-time in an entry-level position as a Library Assistant with the Collection Development Unit at The Kennesaw State University Library system, where I have been wearing lots of hats for the past year. My duties primarily focus on supporting the librarians in my unit and library at large, but there is also a fair amount of autonomy I exercise in the form of some projects I have played a large role in executing at the library, such as creating an Instagram account for us, or giving a fun presentation for new users on setting up an e-mail marketing account MailChimp to facilitate connection between librarians & faculty.
Some other favorite projects:
- Making a monthly unit newsletter for Collection Development;
- Creating GOBI (a book supplier like Amazon, but for librarians!) tutorial videos for librarians at KSU;
- Purchasing books for our Professional Development Collection;
- Creating a poster for the Georgia Libraries’ Story Project;
- Creating a poster for presentation at the Charleston Conference (Nov. 2018)
I’ve learned and experimented with many digital technologies since graduation last year (August 2017), including:
- Adobe Spark
While you’re here, please check out my writing samples. I hope to continue to become digitally mindful and gainfully published as much as I can in the coming years. For inquiries, please email sreardon725 AT gmail DOT com.
*Header image: Karen O. Music Midtown (Atlanta), 2014, copyright S. Reardon